Services for Clinicians
Sexually Addictive Behaviors and Intimacy Disorders
- Assessment – utilizing interviews and online assessment questionnaires developed by Patrick Carnes to clarify current difficulties and past history so as to assess the extent to which a person may have sexually addictive behavior, and, if so, the options for overcoming this problem.
- Consultation – regarding issues in treatment of individuals, couples and families
- Collaborative treatment – in situations in which a clinician is treating an individual and needs a referral for the spouse or the couple, or in situations in which a couple is being seen for therapy and an individual therapist is needed. To the extent that clients are willing to give permission for communication, I prefer to work collaboratively on behalf of our shared clients.
Presentations – assessment/treatment of sexual addiction & intimacy disorders for health and mental health practitioners, clergy, and educators
- Triage for sexual addiction – six screening questions to ask patients as part of regular physical or mental health assessments to screen for possible sex addiction, a clinically validated tool known as PATHOS.
- Diagnosis & treatment of sex addiction – Overview of the clinical definition of sex addiction as a brain disease by the International Institute for Trauma and Addiction Professionals (IITAP) and the American Society of Addiction Medicine (ASAM); the increase in numbers of people affected; treatment protocols; prognosis for successful recovery; health problems that may be indicators of addiction; screening questions to ask patients as part of regular examination; and referral sources for assessment and treatment.
Click here for more details about Sex Addiction.
Multi-Dimensional Therapy: Six Resources for Healing
- Presentations – providing an overview of the six resources for healing.
- Workshops, Seminars, and Consultation – on utilizing the six resources for healing to assess strengths, deficits, and dysfunctions, to clarify options for work with patients as a basis for developing, implementing and refining a treatment plan.
Click here for more details about Multi-Dimensional Therapy.
Jewish Psycho-Spiritual Education
Workshops and Seminars on the following topics:
- Faces of Light: the Evolution of our I-Thou Relationship with God
- Mirrors in Time: The Psycho-Spiritual Journey through the Jewish Year
- The Neurobiology of Teshuva
- The Neuroscience of Musar
Click here for more details about Jewish Psycho-Spiritual Education.